https://www.driftwoodtheatre.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Lights-Katz2017.jpg 428 1024 David Jeremy Smith https://www.driftwoodtheatre.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/DTG-tree-invtrans-white-2020.png David Jeremy Smith2022-06-01 16:30:092022-06-01 16:49:47Job Posting: Production Coordinator and Technician
Job Posting: Production Coordinator and Technician
Summer is almost here and Driftwood is now looking for a Production Coordinator and Technician to begin work immediately in support of our summer Bard’s Bus Tour of William Shakespeare’s King Henry Five.
Under the guidance of the Producer and working in collaboration with the Technical Director and members of the production team, the Production Coordinator and Technician is responsible for coordinating all technical aspects of Driftwood’s summer season and supporting the daily set up, performance and strike of the Bard’s Bus Tour.
- Work with the production team to support the sourcing, build, purchase and/or rent of production elements including wardrobe, props, scenic, lighting and sound
- Assist in the scheduling and execution of technical rehearsals
- Assist with the training of artists and company members in the safe and timely set up and strike of all touring production elements
- Coordinate and assist in all load ins, set ups, strikes and load outs during the tour
- Support Front of House in welcoming guests to all performances
Knowledge and Skills Required
- You have a high degree of motivation and professionalism
- You love working with other people in supporting theatre production and performance
- You have experience in and understanding of performing arts organizations
- You have experience in and understanding of technical systems, including wireless lav and lighting
- You can communicate and work productively and respectfully with artists, theatrical staff and the public
- Having a full Class-G license and clear driving record is an asset
- Contract dates: Immediate start – August 28, 2022
- This is a full-time position with some work remotely, technical rehearsals in Picton, and Toronto as point-of-origin during the tour
- Salary: $800-$850/wk, and $135 per diem during overnight touring
- This position may require evening and weekend work, and occasional travel.
- Send a cover letter and resume as a single PDF file to Jeremy Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due to the timing of this posting, applications will be considered as they arrive and we are encouraging candidates to reach out immediately